Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Flying With The Squawkboxing Heavyweight Champion of the World

Tomorrow morning, I have the redo for last Friday's busted check. The asst. chief pilot that I'm going up with this time is more personable and makes you feel more relaxed in the cockpit. I am sure that it will go as smooth as can be. He's a great guy and there are few people I'd rather fly with. That is...

If we actually fly. He has over 1,000 hours in Piper Cherokees and knows them inside and out. Pre-flights with him are interesting to say the least.

Two weeks ago I was scheduled to fly with him at 11am. Our fist plane was tied down at the North Ramp, which is about a 10 minute walk from our main ramp area. I saw a little oil near the rocker tubes and decided to show him. CAN'T FLY THIS A/C...HAVE TO WRITE IT UP. Ok, no problem. We'll get another plane. When all was said and done, we squawked 3 planes before finding one that had just returned from a phase inspection. He told me that he's not very popular with maintenance, but would rather be safe than sorry. I agree with him 110%. I'd rather be on maintenance's sh*t list than a first name basis with the NTSB.

I'm just glad that he filled out the squawk box. His squawks seem to get more attention. rbtl

I am thinking poisitively about tomorrow. (Deep, slow breathing...good vibes...positive a/c Karma) There will be an airworthy a/c, right T?

No comments: