Friday, August 25, 2006

Touring A Dassault Falcon 900EX

I wanted to go flying today in something other than a Cadet. I called Angel Air and asked if any 172's were available. Good Karma was afoot and 5327G was available.

I wanted to take my wife with me, but it was already 4:15 and Angel Air was due to close at 5. No time to get a babysitter.

I called my friend Alex and asked him if he wanted to go flying and would be able to leave in 5 minutes. Surprisingly, he answered yes without hesitation.

After a brief, but thorough pre-flight, the plane flooded. I think I ran the fuel pump too long before starting. Oh well. We unbuckled and let it sit for a few minutes. After we got back in, it started right up with no problems.

We took off to the south and flew to Coolidge, then headed towards Gateway for a quick touch and go. Then we departed north towards the Salt River and Red Mountain before heading to Falcon Field (KFFZ) for a few touch and go's.

Then we went back to Gateway and decided to do a full stop for a drink and to stretch our legs. We came in behind an Embraer 145 that belongs to Intel Corp. Right after we landed, two USMC F/A-18's came in. We taxied to the transient ramp and parked across from a T-38!















Right in front of us was a Dassault 900X! Jackpot! We went in and got a drink. As we were heading back to the 172, we saw a guy walking to the Falcon. I had to ask. Can we take a peek inside...

Sure! He opened it up and let us take a look. What a beautiful aircraft. Custom woods, leather, wool carpeting. Yes, I got to check out the cockpit. The wasn't much time for questions, but Alex did shoot a quick photo for me. It's a little blurry, but still a nice photo as far as I'm concerned.



I put my tongue back in my mouth and we headed back to the 172 for a quick trip back to Stellar. It was sunset and Alex took a nice photo. We landed at dusk, just dark enough to turn on the runway lights. Nice.

No comments: