Monday, August 14, 2006

A Friend Checks In

My friend Tim called this afternoon. He was hired by Express Jet in June and called to check on my progress and update me on his.

He's almost done with his ERJ-145 training. One more sim check ride, then a break-in sim flight with a fresh captain and he'll be on the line! Pretty exciting. Hearing details about the Express Jet training program really made my day.

Although the training in Houston is intense, he said that they are thorough and fair. Out of about 20 new hires, only 3 or 4 have washed out. He said that one guy failed a written systems test and was given 8 hours of one-on-one instruction with a check pilot. They invest a lot in new pilots and it's good to hear that they are such a fair company to work for. Kudos to Express Jet.

It really is encouraging to hear from a personal friend that is having such a good experience and it makes me realize that I'm really not that far off. Calls like his really help motivate me. Tim's call was just what I needed at exactly the right time. Instrument Stage 3, End-Of-Course and FAA Check Ride, here I come. Thanks for the call, Tim.

No comments: