Tuesday, August 22, 2006

One Step Closer To Foggle Free Serenity

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (wearing Foggles during training)

The courage to change the things I can
(get an instrument rating)

And the wisdom to know the difference (Foggles will be replaced by some other flight training irritant)

I've really come to HATE Foggles. They're uncomfortable and annoying. They don't block enough of the view to be effective, so I always end up looking down to avoid seeing outside the cockpit. I've been having neck pain for the past several days and I think it's due to holding my neck in an awkward position while wearing the damn Foggles.

There's nothing like logging 4.2 hours and wearing Foggles for 3.9. Pure torture.

I really think a new found Foggle freedom is my number one motivator for an instrument rating. Forget about the privileges afforded by an instrument rating. I just want to fly without FOGGLES.

I DON'T LIKE FOGGLES
, in case you were wondering.

---

My End Of Course is scheduled. Wednesday afternoon for the oral portion and Thursday morning for the flight.

EOC is basically a dry run for the FAA practical test, which could be as early as this weekend if all goes well.

If I can remember all the acronyms, it should go just fine. I'd like to start the commercial lessons next week.

No comments: