Saturday, July 01, 2006

Ready For Instrument Stage One Check Ride

I finished the stage one review lesson this morning. The air was smooth and every maneuver went perfectly. My instructor deemed me ready for stage two, which I cannot start until the stage one check ride is complete.

The things that were giving me a difficult time, especially NDB to/from intercepts and tracking are working out now. Today, I did 2 NDB tracks with partial panel. It felt good.

Hopefully, my phone will ring today and it will be scheduled for tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

I think I overheard a runway incursion on the radio this morning. At IWA, runway 30C (the ILS runway) has been closed since April. It just reopened last Wednesday. There are some new pilots that might think of it as just a big taxiway. Since the runway has been closed, I think some people have gotten a little careless with hold short lines and it sounded like someone blew right through a hold short. I heard the controller yelling and don't know if the pilot was paying enough attention to stop on time. It sounded like he was already crossing the hold short when ground went midieval on him. It must suck to be him right now.

Hopefully, I heard incorrectly.

1 comment:

Teller said...

I was listening in on IWA the other day (gotta love the internet) and heard a Cessna 152 make an airspace incursion at Williams. Pretty sure his ears would have been bleeding by the time the approach controller (and the 8 a/c that got rerouted) was done with him. Willie must be in a really bad spot or something :).
Teller