Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day Out With The Girls

Today was my wife's first flight with me. She had been in a small aircraft once before, but not with me at the controls. She was apprehensive at first, because it had been so long since she had been in a small plane that she didn't know what to expect.

Since I'm writing this, we obviously survived (a little sarcasm for my wife).

My parents had my boys over for the weekend, so it was just me, my wife and daughter. We decided to head out from Stellar over Sacaton and Coolidge and then into Williams Gateway for breakfast at the Left Seat restaurant, located inside the building where Gateway Aviation is. The Left Seat has pretty decent, reasonably priced food and windows with views of the transient ramp and runway 12R. The people at Gateway Aviation are really nice. Even though we didn't buy fuel, they still sent someone out to direct us to a parking spot, chocked the aircraft and offered a variety of services.

Anyway, after a short breakfast, we were up and on our way back to Stellar. We flew over our house on the way there.

Another benefit of taking my wife was having a personal photographer. I got her a Canon Digital Rebel earlier this year and she has used it almost daily. Great investment. Here are some photos:










HOME!



An interesting side note about the weather. The photos might look a little hazy for Arizona. This morning, the dew point spread was only 4 degrees and there was visible fog over the Superstition Mountains. I wish I had a photo that showed it. It's VERY strange for Arizona, especially this time of year.

No comments: