Sunday, July 16, 2006

Final Stimulator Lesson

Today we put 2.3 hours on the AST Hawk Hobbs meter. I think I might have mentioned before that I don't care for the demonically posessed crapweasel FTD. I know, it allows you to do multiple holds and approaches in a relatively short period of time, but does it have to be so awful to fly? Could it be less realistic? Doubtful. I guess the good part is that if you can shoot an approach and nail it in the FTD, you damn sure can do it in the plane.

Tomorrow morning, I get to fly a real airplane and then one last FTD lesson. From then on, it's all real flying for the remainder of instrument. My next FTD adventure will at least be in the Level 6 Seneca FTD for my commercial multi engine, which will begin in August and coincide with my commercial.

My 141 stage two check should be next weekend and then it's a bunch of cross countries. I'm hoping for San Diego, either Brown or Palomar for one of the long ones.

Right now, I'm sitting at 82 hours TTL. At this rate, I'll have instrument at about the 100 hour mark. Yikes...

By the way, I got my hard private license in the mail yesterday. Five weeks. That's pretty fast for the Federal Government. I was expecting twelve weeks.

No comments: