Saturday, January 20, 2007

It's The Little Things In Life

My wife got me this for Christmas. The planes are tiny and sometimes my fingers are too big to do some of the intricate folding required, but I still have fun trying to fold them. It's a neat gift and constitutes one of life's little daily pleasures.

---

The weather is a little crazy here in Phoenix. It has been cold and blustery since Thursday. The forecast called for clearing skies, so I went flying this morning. Ceilings were broken at 7,500. After we landed, the sky turned ominous and the rain started coming down. It rained off and on for the better part of the day.l

AND THEN...

It started to snow! In Phoenix. Snow flurries, during the day no less! It's a very big deal to see snow in Phoenix. Unfortunately, it was still too warm for any accumulation. The National Weather Service says that the accumulation level will be as low as 2,500 feet tonight.

I'm glad to see this weather. I just hope it's clear enough for the check ride tomorrow morning.

FM1200 04008KT P6SM SCT070 BKN140
FM1700 03006KT P6SM FEW070 SCT140

The check ride is scheduled for 9 a.m. which is 1600Z. I guess we'll see.

No comments: