Monday, January 08, 2007

End Of Course...Finally

My end of course if finally scheduled for Wednesday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. That sounds like about 3.5 hours for the ground portion and 2 hours for the flight.

Time to re-review:

  • V-speeds for the ancient Hershey Bar winged Arrow...all in statute miles per hour
  • memory items for emergency procedures
  • maneuvers...maybe a little chair flying is in order. (don't knock it 'till you've tried it)
  • drawing the constant speed prop system. I really can't draw. Even my pre-school aged son makes fun of my stick people.
  • Lot's of other things that I'm too dumb to remember

If all goes well, I hope to have the check ride scheduled for Saturday.

--

I heard a Canadian guy on the radio today. He was very polite on the radio and was doing his best to be clear and concise on the radio. However...he ended every transmission with "eh". Apparently, the controller didn't like it. He asked the pilot if Americans flying in Canada ended every transmission with "dude"? That was the last time I heard the Canadian pilot say "eh".

I have yet to fly in Canada and wonder if Canadian air traffic controllers are that hard on Americans. I'm sure the controller was just having a lousy day, but it was a bit harsh.

No comments: