Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Well, Thanks For Coming Out

We appreciate your interest in XXXair ...























and would like to invite you to our corporate headquarters for the final hiring process!

Seriously, the HR guy that called me gave me the news with a Simon Cowell delivery that went something like this: "Mike, first of all I want to thank you for coming out today. We appreciate the effort you made. That being said, there's really no easy way to tell you this ... ... ... (big dramatic pause) ... ... ... we think you did a great job at the interview and would make a great addition to our team and we'd like to invite you to Northeastern City for the final stage of the hiring process. Congratulations."

I had been doubting my performance all day long and was really dreading the phone call. I honestly thought they were going to pass on me. The Simon Cowell bit actually worked as I sank into the couch only to be followed by total elation.

It's hard to believe how much has happened and the progress that has been made in just a little more than a year. One thing is for sure, without the support of family and friends it would have never happened.

My wife has been the pillar in our home during the last year. Her strength and love has made all of the difference.

So, in the next week or two, I'll be headed to company headquarters for a quick overnight. The final stage involves a cognitive computer assessment, background check etc. If all goes well, I should be starting class on July 30th.

If you want to become an airline pilot, NOW is the time to do it. There hiring conditions out there right now will not last forever and could take decades to repeat. The brass ring is closer than ever.


BTW - This is what my daughter drew for me and left outside of her bedroom last night. She is the sweetest thing in the whole world.

1 comment:

Teller said...

Congrats, Mike, I had no doubts! The HR people here did the exact same thing when they called me...it's either a psychological experiment or they just like torturing you. I'm curious about this cognitive evaluation...you'll have to explain this one once you get done with it...assuming they don't just straight lock you up :).
Teller