Tuesday, June 26, 2007

ATP Written - Out Of The Way

The ATP written exam is now out of the way. I took the Part 121 version.

I drew the short stick on tests. Out of 80 questions, there were over 10 of the long-form performance questions like Cg on a 727, several of the time consuming time/speed/distance/fuel burned questions and stuff like that. The guy next to me had 4 total. I focused my studying on the things that apply to me and didn't spend much time on the old DC-9, 727 and 737 performance questions, which lowered my score just below 90. I really wanted to do better than 90, but am still satisfied considering the content of my test.

At least the score remains valid as long as you're employed by a Part 121 carrier and don't expire in 24 months like other tests. I'm glad I'll never have to take it again. There will be plenty of other things to look forward to such as proficiency checks. A pilot's butt is always on the line.

No comments: