Friday, February 09, 2007

What A DIfference A Week Makes

Still no flying as of today, but it has been remedied. The Senecas are all up and flying now. The new priority system for scheduling Senecas is by seniority and that puts me at number one. Now the scheduling problem is mine. I started FOS class this week and it is a little intense. Class is from 8-3 each day with sim sessions nearly every day too. So far, I've spent 11 hours in the jet trainer.

Memorizing procedures and flows is grueling. There is so much to learn. The last two days have started at 8 a.m. and ended at 11 p.m. Plus, I still have that pesky thing called a full-time job to keep up with. My wife is simply amazing. She is the reason all of this is able to happen.

I'm pretty sure that I only need about 2 more flights in the Seneca before I'm ready for the multi add-on check ride. If all goes well, I'll schedule the check ride for next Saturday and be done with that. Weeks 1 & 2 of FOS are busy, but weeks 3-5 are really intense so I need to get the multi add-on out of the way.

Things finally feel like they are moving fast. The next several months are going to be very interesting.
Sorry for the boring post. There's not much time to write so posts will be few and far between for a while.

No comments: