Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ramping Up

It's been 10 days since I've flown a multi engine aircraft and that was the first since just after Halloween. All three Senecas have been down at once. All for annuals. I had made arrangements to fly one last Friday before it went down for the annual, but the night before, someone that didn't know I had it the next morning squawked nearly 15 things.

Yesterday one plane was finally up but the weather wasn't cooperating. Cancelled. Today I showed up 30 minutes early only to find that the ELT had malfunctioned. They expected it to be an easy fix and that I would be the only one affected. Well yay for me!

As of right now, it looks good for Saturday and Sunday. All I really need is two more flights and I'll be ready. I just want to make sure that I'm ready for the check ride because next week is the start of Flight Officer School. FOS is an intense 5 week course that covers everything Part 121. CRJ systems, 121 Regulations, CRM, high altitude training, airline policies and procedures, jet transition training/sims, FMS training and much more. From what I understand, you really don't want to be doing anything other than FOS.

So here I stand, not yet ready for the multi add-on. I should have been done with it a week ago. It's not that difficult. All I need is the flight time, review complex systems, aerodynamics and approaches. Weekend tasks: Study. Fly. Study. Fly. Study. I need to get that out of the way. NOW.

No comments: