Monday, December 25, 2006

All I Want For Christmas...

Is a right front seat...a right front seat...a right front seat.

While my dear wife was Christmas shopping at Costco, she ran across a Lego passenger jet. She knew in an instant, it had to be added to my growing collection of passenger aircraft. When she was checking out the cashier said, "Looks like some little boy is getting an airplane." My wife responded, "You have no idea."

Anyway, Christmas was great all around. Santa Claus found our house and the children's stockings. The house was quite a mess afterwards and we had a house full of guests coming. I was really impressed when I asked them each what the best thing about Christmas was and they said being with their family. Seeing as this will probably be the last Christmas that I will be home for a few years, it made me happy and sad at the same time. I know it is just a day and my children will be glad to see me whenever I'm home.

So after opening all of my gifts, my wife brought the airplane to me. I had now clue what to expect. When I opened it, my wife said that I grinned from ear to ear. Even though it consists of a few hundred parts, I had it assembled within a half and hour! I felt like I was 8 years old again.

Here's a few photos of it. I'm calling it my Embraerbus A190.




Here's to hoping that Christmas made you feel eight years old for a day too.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Merry Christmas! ;)

Teller said...

You wouldn't believe it but the fiancé and I spent last Thursday driving around trying to find a Lego model to build...and we came up with the exact same one. I like the name. We're impressively nerdy, I gotta say.

I'll be at whatever apartments they send everyone to...I'm not really sure the name right off. Are you making the big switch to the other side??

JAFP said...

Yeah, it takes a huge geek to get excited about a Lego airplane kit.

Your new residence is called Lake View Apartments. They have a view of a 3 foot deep man-made lake that serves no purpose other than mosquito breeding and increasing the humidity in the summer.

As for me, I'm supposed to be flying Wednesday and Thursday to finish up my maneuvers and get my 8710 signed so I can schedule a check ride. After that, I'll probably have no choice than to find another school...most likely yours.