Friday, May 26, 2006

A Little R&R Goes A Long Way

It's been almost 60 days since I started school and It's been a lot of 80-90 hour weeks. The mother of friend of my daughter's invited her to go to the Pointe at South Mountain on the last day of school (May 25th). The Pointe has its own water park with a wave pool, lazy river and water slides. It's a great place to stay in the summer. For the cost of taking your family to a standard water park, you can stay at a very nice hotel and get all of the amenities they offer. I personally think it's a much better deal. Check it out for yourself: click here

Anyway, since our daughter was going to be there, we decided to reserve a room for ourselves. This week I finished all of my lessons. All I had left to do was take my stage 3 written exam. I asked my ground instructor if it would be okay to take it early on Thursday and he said yes. Since I was taking that test, I asked him if I could also take the end of course written exam following a successful stage 3 test. He also agreed to that. If I passed both of the tests, I would be finished with ground school and ready to take the FAA written exam.

I passed them both and I'm taking the FAA exam this Tuesday. After that, all I have to do is pass my stage 3 oral exam/check ride, end of course oral/check and my FAA check ride. I should have my private in 10 days or so! I don't have any ground school to attend until instrument which starts around the 10th of June. I should have few distractions while preparing for my FAA check ride.

We had a blast at the Pointe. All of the rooms there are great. Even the standard rooms are mini suites with a separate living room and bedroom. My wife and I enjoyed a great meal at Aunt Chiladas Mexican restaurant and a quiet evening without kids. It was nice. Today, we spent several hours with the girls at the water park. They have a two giant waterslides that are over 100 feet tall that basically go straight down. I am getting too old for that stuff. My butt hurts! My daughter had a great time with all of her little friends and a good time was had by all. If I had only used enough sunscreen...

No comments: