Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Hate Tests

This has been the week of tests and it won't be getting better for another week. Monday, I had my stage 3 Part 141 check ride. I passed it without any major problems. Today, I took my FAA written exam (got a 90, yeah). Thursday is my end of course stage check, which is basically a dry run for next week's FAA oral exam and check ride. I don't really know the guy that well and maybe last time he was having a bad day. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go with a good attitude.

I'm actually more nervous about Thursday's end of course stage check than the FAA exam. The guy I'm going with gave me a hard time last time and I expect more of the same. Hopefully, expecting the worst will bring out the best in me and it will be a piece of cake.

None of this would be possible without the support of my family, my wife first and foremost. She is putting up with a lot these days. It seems like I'm never home and with 3 young children, there is very little down time for her. There's nothing I can do right now but recognize and remember all that she is doing to help me get through this. I miss being able to spend more time with my kids, too. I hope they all know how much I love them.

No comments: