Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So Let It Be Written, So Let It Be Done

Monday was the Limitations and Memory Items Exam. It was the final written exam, the one that everyone dreads due to a 100% score requirement. Apparently, people do better under the pressure of having their job at risk. Everyone passed.

We have one more CRM class this week, then airport indoc and systems integration intro. Next week is systems integration where we take everything we've learned from company ops specs to aircraft systems and put them all together for the FINAL phase of training: Sims.

Sims start 10/15 and run through 11/1. The check ride is scheduled for 11/2. Hopefully the next 4 weeks will fly by. I'm ready to be done with initial training.

I've finally reached the training saturation point and am officially sick of all things CRJ related. Being away from home is something I'll have to get used to until I can locate to a base that is suitable for family. However, there will still be breaks in between where I can see them. 10 weeks is a very long time and I just miss my wife and kids. Nobody forced me to be here and there aren't any regrets. It's just hard.

Tomorrow is my wife's birthday. Our anniversary was last month and my daughter and youngest son have October birthdays that I'll be missing. We've all discussed special occasions and how they can be celebrated when everyone is together. A day is just a day. A special occasion is any time we can be together as a family. I thank God every day for my wife and children.

My attitude isn't as bad as it sounds right now. It's just one of those bumps. Maintain positive mental attitude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong. My better half and i had this talk over the weekend. About being a pilot and being away from home so much. She in her own way let me know that she would not like it. I explained that it is only Temp. Once this get going i would be home more. She didn't buy it. But at the same point she has given me her full support on the career change to aviation.

Over at JetCareers, i find that all the pilots there say the same thing. This is only possible if you have a wife or a family that is behind you 100%. Be strong, since your in the Nati have some skyline. It will wash all your worries away .

fly safe.

jbail