Monday, September 15, 2008

So Long, Rick Wright

A sad note that's not aviation related, but nonetheless related to the title of this blog:

Richard Wright, one of the founding members of Pink Floyd, passed away today after a battle with cancer. He was 65.



Rick wrote several Pink Floyd songs including Us And Them and The Great Gig In The Sky from the album Dark Side of the Moon.

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It’s good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

The time has gone, the post is over, thought I'd something more to say...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite Pink Floyd song is "wish you were here". Very Big album back in my H.S. days. I offer my condolences. I know your a big fan. Your Pal. JP

Unknown said...

What has been happening since the furlough? I've never posted a comment on your blog before but I've been a follower! My dream has always been to fly and I love the fact that you have done what so many of us one day would love to do.